Twist some sticks
Khyati School of Design is offering a series of 5 Material and Craft based workshops for students aspiring to be future designers. These workshops are for anyone wanting to make a start in the field of design and craft. It’s also a great start to confidently learn how to explore new materials and express your ideas in them.
The Handicrafts of Cane and Bamboo is one of the oldest crafts known to man. India had a rich source of cane and bamboo materials, and artisans have a practice to produce stunning utility articles.
Cane has a plethora of advantages like being flexible, light weight, durable and resistant to climatic and chemical reactions. Similarly, bamboo has many beneficial properties like being renewable, strong and resistant to fire. The range of cane and bamboo products is wide from boxes, chairs, teapots, baskets, hand bags, etc.
Details of the workshop:
- Each individual will learn the basics of Cane and Bamboo craft.
- All the materials will be provided during the workshop.
- Each individual will be able to make 1 product.
- 5 Days session, from 10AM to 5PM daily.
- Tools for making products
- INR 1500 each per workshop
- Full payment needs to be made in advance for confirmation
Thaltej- Shilaj – Rancherda Road,
Nr. Nandoli Bus Stand,
At and Post Rancharda,